Saturday, March 11, 2006

I Got The Pokies

At 2PM CST on Thursday March 9, 2006 - I was whisked away from my home and subjected to a tortuous car ride and the humiliation of a public physical examination. Upon my return home at approximately 3PM on said afternoon, I immediately retired to bed in my condo. Only to emerge once to use the facilities. It wasn't until 10:30PM on Friday March 10, 2006 that I was recovered enough to resume my normal duties. It is only now, Saturady March 11, 2006 that I am able to retell those events that took place.


The nerve of those humans. Wake me up from a perfectly good sleep, just to take me to the V-E-T. Did I ask to go to the V-E-T? NO I DID NOT. Was I sick? NO I WAS NOT. Did they listen when I said no, "I don't wanna go"? NO THEY DID NOT. And to stop any rumors that may be flying around the house, I was not faking it. Just because any of you others did not feel like crap after that ordeal, does not give you the right to dismiss me. And to Punkin; during the ride to the V-E-T, I did not find it funny that every time I said "NO", you said "WAY". Furthermore, the V-E-T is not F-U-N. I offer the following photographic evidence to prove the sorry shape I was in.

8 Comments:

Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Oh, my, am you OK now? I hope so. My humans tell me they only take us to the vet "for our own good." Seems to me we should have some say in the matter.

Sat Mar 11, 04:46:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to similar horrific experiences. I am so very sorry for your trauma. I will be happy to hide you if you need a hiding place. Oh, and WHICH state do you live in for torch relay?? And yes, curling is a combined event at this time. If it changes, I'll let you know.

Sat Mar 11, 10:12:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Humans have no idea how degrading a Vet visit is.

Their doctors stop taking their temp in their butts at a very young age. How would they like it if that practice continued throughout their life?

Mon Mar 13, 11:10:00 AM 2006  
Blogger PrincessMia said...

Oh, the dreaded V-E-T. I hate those crazy people. One minute all loving on you and the next poking and stabbing. why, oh why?

Mon Mar 13, 01:39:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look in perfect shape to us! We hate visits to the v-e-t, as well as the carrier and the car. Blech.
~ turtle, moose and nala

Mon Mar 13, 02:32:00 PM 2006  
Blogger The Crew said...

What a terrible ordeal. Luckily you recovered and feel up to talking about it!

Mon Mar 13, 03:41:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

I feel your pain, Petey. I hope you are feeling restored to your usual self by now. You still look handsome in the photo!

Tue Mar 14, 04:58:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLease contact me and let me know which state in the U.S you live in so that you can participate in the torch relay. Thanks!

Tue Mar 14, 09:27:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home