Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring Has Sprung


Spring has finally come to my house. I thought it would never get here. These are grape hyacinths and they smell real good( at least that's what the mom says, she wouldn't let me go out front and smell them, bah).
So I went out to explore the backyard.
This is where I was going, to get me some inca doves. They are the smallest dove; snack size, I say. But I was stopped before I could climb the tree.
The holly is in bloom and smells heavenly. The monarchs think so too.

The puppies have grown so much. But I'm not gonna play with them, too many sharp little teeth.
They've gotten big enough to eat crunchies on their own.

Even I get a little snack now and again. This time it wasn't dog food, it was my favorite, a cricket.
They play themselves out and and just nap wherever they are.


On the way to the computer, I had the mom take this picture of HGL to show how greedy he can be when he eats. He was muttering, "Mine, all mine. Nope, I'm not sharin'. These cruncies are mine."

13 Comments:

Blogger Fat Eric said...

I feel for HGL - I don't like sharing my food either! Your flowers look nice, I love spring. But I wouldn't want to share my house with a bunch of crazy puppies, I think you are brave to do that!

Fri Apr 07, 05:21:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Wow, those puppies are getting BIG fast.

Fri Apr 07, 05:49:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! It is definitely spring at your place. Those puppies are precious, even if they are canines...

Fri Apr 07, 08:58:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

The spring picshurs look so nice. We gots lots of birdies on the deck to look at but none of those little doves. I keeps clawing at the window to try and get the birdies but they flies away.

Sat Apr 08, 07:52:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute puppies!

Sat Apr 08, 10:44:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

We likes all your pictures, Petey. You are lucky to get to go outside - the only way we gets to go out is if we escape, and then Mom has to chase us down. The puppies really are gettin' big! With five of you kitties there, we don't blame HGL for not wantin' to share! We don't likes to share either, and it's just the two of us (inside anyway). How did the cricket taste? We don't think we've ever tried one...

Sat Apr 08, 11:07:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Petey said...

Crickets are wonderful, they are the best tasing bugs of all, they are very crunchy.

Sat Apr 08, 11:26:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

APRIL 15 Is my Purrday Party!! welcome too! I will be one!! =^^=

Mon Apr 10, 05:09:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

We have those little inca doves at my house. My sis Caroline tries to catch them by pouncing real hard. Only she doesn't get there's a window between her and them and winds up smacking herself into the window frame. She's a little too excitable, I think.

Wed Apr 12, 08:35:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Yup, it looks like spring has arrived. It arrived here in the Big Piney Woods with lots of water falling from the sky.

Fri Apr 14, 11:04:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

those are nice spring pictures Petey! Holy Moley you are patient with those pups.

Fri Apr 14, 07:01:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

puppies, bah! they will get big too fast and then be DOGS. your yard looks nice.

Fri Apr 14, 09:43:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Zeus said...

You have very nice flowers! They look beautiful!

As for the little canines, they look like push-overs. Just show them who owns the place. The earlier you teach them that, the better for everyone!

Sat Apr 22, 10:06:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home